WSTOA Award Nominations
Each year, the WSTOA is proud to accept nominations and honor worthy law enforcement officers and organizations with several prestigious awards (described below). Awards are presented at the annual Tactical Conference held in July. Recipients are gifted with a plaque.
How to Submit a Nomination
Nominations must be submitted by May 1st of each year to the Association President, via email. Questions, contact Jeff Selleg at Selleg.J@portseattle.org.
The awards are for incidents occurring within the previous calendar year from the nomination deadline. Nominations for each award submitted to the WSTOA must comply with the following criteria:
- Nominees must be active members of WSTOA.
- Nominations must include the nominee’s name, organization and reasons for nomination.
- The narrative must include accurate information on jurisdiction, agencies and the dates on which the officer(s) performed the actions making him or her deserving of the award.
- Emailed no later than May 1st.
- When submitting nomination, please include your contact information.
- For more information, contact Jeff Selleg at Selleg.J@portseattle.org.
WSTOA Award of Excellence
This award is presented to the person who contributes the most to further the goals of the tactical community in Washington State. A selection committee bases its decision on an evaluation of performance, dedication, and leadership. The award recognizes the recipient for:
- Unselfish dedication to the enhancement of tactical unit capabilities throughout Washington State.
- Unstinting efforts to increase officer safety through training and mutual exchange of information.
- Epitomizing the highest standards of professionalism and honor in all aspects of law enforcement.
WSTOA Award of Valor
This award is presented to the person or persons who distinguish themselves through valorous actions during a high-risk operation. A selection committee reviews a situation in which the nominated individual clearly acted without regard for his or her own life to save a fellow officer or innocent victim.
WSTOA Unit Citation For Valor
This award is presented to a SWAT/Tactical Unit whose members distinguish themselves through valorous actions during a tactical operation. A selection committee reviews a situation in which members of the nominated unit clearly act without regard for the safety of their own lives, thus protecting fellow officers and/or innocent victims and bystanders.