December 10 (Monday) - January 14 (Monday)
Thurston Co. Sheriff’s Office (Patrol Office)
7717 New Market St. Tumwater, WA 98501
Hosted By Thurston County Sheriff’s Office DATES: December 10-14, 2018 CLASS TIMES: 0800 – 1700 CLASS LOCATION: Thurston County SO Patrol Building, 7721 New Market St. SW, Tumwater, WA 98501 COURSE DESCRIPTION: This 40-hour course will
Hosted By Thurston County Sheriff’s Office
DATES: December 10-14, 2018
CLASS TIMES: 0800 – 1700
Thurston County SO Patrol Building, 7721 New Market St. SW, Tumwater, WA 98501
This 40-hour course will combine classroom instruction with group exercises. Command considerations for the management of law enforcement tactical teams before, during, and after response to tactical operations will be the focus of this course. Topics covered include but are not limited to:
- Command leadership, critical thinking, and decision making
- Strategic planning for tactical teams
- Training considerations
- Commander’s responsibilities for SWAT OIS
- Current issues
- Tactical strategy & operational tempo
- High risk warrant service, barricaded subject, & hostage rescue considerations
- Incident reviews
STUDENT EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Laptop computer (a PDF will be provided to attendees prior to class start – no printed course manual is handed out, all course documents are on provided thumb drive.
- Note taking material
- $625 (Payment by check to Trinity Tactical Consulting, LLC – address is preferred: 2457 N Rhode Island Court, Kennewick, WA 99336). Full tuition payment required for registration.
- Contact Trinity Tactical (email@example.com or 509-820-0315) with student name, rank/position, agency, contact email and phone number.
- Refundable with 30-day notice prior to class date. Student substitution allowed.
Wayne DuBois-– A police sergeant with more than 21 years of law enforcement experience and active SWAT team member for 20 years. During his career, Wayne has responded to and/or supervised hundreds of critical incidents, including several hundred barricaded suspects, armed suicidal subjects, and hostage situations. Prior to law enforcement, Wayne served 4 years on active duty as a ground surveillance systems operator in the U.S. Army, including deployment to Southwest Asia for 6 months during Operation Desert Shield/Storm. Currently he is a Patrol Sergeant at his agency and Team Leader for his large regional SWAT Team (2005 to present). Named SWAT Officer of the Year and Police Officer of the Year by the Benton County Sheriff’s Office. Wayne serves as a Western Region Director for the National Tactical Officers Association (NTOA) and instructs in the NTOA’s Command Cadre. He is a certified instructor in multiple disciplines and has had two published articles on SWAT procedures and operations in a national publication, “The Tactical Edge.” Wayne holds a M.A. in Executive Leadership from Liberty University.
Trinity Tactical Consulting, LLCtrinitytactical@yahoo.com | (509) 820-0315 2457 N Rhode Island Court, Kennewick, WA 99336