october 4 (Monday) - 8 (Friday)
WSTOA’s Basic SWAT course is 5 days and 50 training hours The focus of WSTOA’s Basic SWAT course is the basic required knowledge for officers and deputies newly assigned to SWAT
WSTOA’s Basic SWAT course is 5 days and 50 training hours
The focus of WSTOA’s Basic SWAT course is the basic required knowledge for officers and deputies newly assigned to SWAT or Tactical Response Teams. The target audience are individuals who have recently been assigned to SWAT, they will gain the understanding of contemporary theories and concepts used during SWAT operations. Students will participate in classroom and field exercises designed to develop their understanding of the tactics and techniques employed during tactical operations. This course is facilitated by experienced SWAT team leaders and elements leaders currently assigned to Tier 1 and Tier 2 SWAT teams, experienced in developing newly assigned SWAT officers.
The primary course objectives are as follows:
- SWAT Theory & Concepts in order to gain an understanding of SWAT utilization during tactical operations.
- Team organization and structure, to include the responsibilities of each position within the team.
- Specialized equipment and munitions introduction used by SWAT Teams.
- Tactics used during armed barricaded incidents and high risk warrant service missions.
- Proper Scouting and Operational Plan & the necessity of after-action reviews.
- Dynamic, Slow and Methodical, and Covert movement techniques.
- Entry Vest
- Tactical Uniform
- Eye and hearing protection
- APR (Gas Mask)
- PT gear
- Simunition, Force on Force, UTM bolt or rifle with 150 rounds of marking cartridges
- Simunition, Force on Force, UTM protective gear
- Deadline to cancel is 7 days prior to class.
- $500 no show or late cancellation fee.
- DuPont, WA
Registration will be from 0800 to 0830 hours in PT gear.
40 Maximum Student Registrations – Registrations Left: 0
NOTE - The limit of student registrations is now full