october 11 (Monday) - 15 (Friday)
Law Enforcement/Corrections Only Course Description: The advanced course is designed to build upon the skills learned in the basic course. Rifle data will be obtained from 100 out to 600
Law Enforcement/Corrections Only
The advanced course is designed to build upon the skills learned in the basic course. Rifle data will be obtained from 100 out to 600 yards, along with shooting barriers, movers, and from unconventional positions. Prepare for your tactics and your shooting to be challenged.
5 days/40 hours
All students must be certified law enforcement or correctional officers and have completed a reputable Basic Sniper School and have been assigned as a team sniper for a minimum of 2 years.
- A rifle that is capable of printing at least 1 Minute of Angle (1 inch) at 100 yards in .223 caliber or higher.
- A magnified optic (variable preferred) mounted to the rifle with high quality base and rings.
- Bipod (adjustable cant preferred).
- Tripod with rifle mount.
- Rear shooting support.
- Rifle bag or backpack (such as Eberlestock design).
- Rifle sling.
- Note taking materials.
- Appropriate clothing for the weather. We will shoot in ALL weather.
- Hydration equipment
- Deployment uniform and gear to include load bearing vest, bullet proof vest, headgear, gloves, boots etc. Train as you fight.
- 500 rounds of match grade ammunition.
- Optional but recommended: shooting mat, extra magazines (if rifle is capable, and scope cover.
Students are advised to be in good physical condition prior to attending this course. One of the requirements of this class includes passing the Sniper Functional Fitness Test. The test description and standards are available upon request.